Monday, October 27, 2008

Ode To Florida

Okay, so this has to be one of the world's longest posts....sorry. We have finally come up with a "game plan" of sorts, and Wednesday will be our last day here in Florida. My parents have moved from Sandy to Logan, and have left a vacant house, which they have consented to let us live in until it sells. Last Thursday, I hopped on a plane at 5:30 a.m. with the kids and flew out to Utah to leave them with Nana and Grandpa Kent. Then, I hopped onto another plane that left SLC at 11:30 p.m. and flew into Atlanta at 5:30 a.m. I caught another flight to Orlando at 7:30 a.m. and was home on Friday morning at 10:30 a.m. It was a LONG day. With the kids taken care of, Ben and I have been packing up the house, and we have just about finished it up. The moving truck was dropped off this morning, and we're loading everything into it tomorrow. On Wednesday morning, Ben and I going to start the drive back to Utah, and we hope to be there by Friday. Then, the kids and I are going to move into the Sandy house, and Ben is off to Minneapolis on Monday to start his six-week training. We don't know where he will be based after that, and for the time being with the free rent and all (thanks mom & dad!), Ben will just continue commuting back and forth between Minneapolis and Sandy whenever he can. It's a new chapter in our lives, and although in some respects it is going to be very difficult to adjust to, I feel confident that we are ready. That being said, I am very nostalgic tonight thinking about all of the WONDERFUL memories that we have created here in Florida. I started putting together some of my favorite pictures, and I just couldn't stop. There are too many. We will always treasure the time that we were able to spend here.



























14 comments:

Jamie said...

OH MY GOSH! It's an understatement to say that you are WONDER WOMAN! Seriously, I'm amazed on numerous levels. I can't believe your marathon flight day, that you're in "limbo" for the next while, living without Ben for 6 weeks. Wow. Let me just reiterate - Wonder Woman!

PS - I love that you're back in SLC! Somehow, we need to get the Johnson crew together while you guys are in town.

Amy said...

I am glad you get to come back to Utah for a while. It is too bad it is without Ben! We will definitely have to get together with everyone and hang out. And since you won't have a husband we can always step in and babysit for you so you can have a break. That is if you trust the crazies over here at the Jensen Hoard. Good luck with the next few days. I can't believe all the stuff you are doing in this move!

tiffany and darren said...

Wow!! I just got really sad for you. You are going to miss that place!! I don't think it helped that a sappy song came on the radio right when I opened your blog. It makes me feel better that you are going to be with your kiddies on your favorite Holiday. I was thinking about that yesterday and told Darren how much you would hate if you couldn't be with them on Halloween. Good luck with everything and I really wish I was able to help you!!

Nicole Sue Taylor said...

That's exciting you guys are moving. If you end up in Memphis let me know - we have cute friends that just moved there.

hbentley said...

Holy Cow!! I can't believe that you did all that traveling. I guess as a mom you do what you have to do. I guess for now you and Ben will be living apart for awhile. Good Luck. I hope your drive back to SL is Ok. I can only imagine how long that would take.

liz and rob said...

i'm sad for you that it's time to leave your beloved florida. but so happy for me that you'll be close for a little while - yay! it's about time that someone else is in SLC too, I'm the one that really didn't want to end up living in Salt Lake and now I'm the only one that's living here (and don't get me wrong, i love it [mostly cause i love my adorable husband and this is the place he loves] ) but i'm happy you guys are going to be here too, at least for a little while...

Donna said...

I love it! I doubt you'll have time to check for comments with all that you're busy doing right now, but I hope it all goes really well. We're excited to hear you have a plan and that Ben will be moving into his career, and that you'll be moving to Utah for a short time at least! Let us know if there's anything we can help with or when we can come invade your home...or stalk you! hehe! I know you're sad, I would be too, but congrats, it'll all work out and you'll make new memories somewhere else (hopefully in Logan Utah where Ben will be working for the Massive Logan airport!) See ya soon and hang in there this week!

joslyn said...

yea i am glad you will be back for a bit. good luck with all the moving.

LATIMER FAMILY said...

Oh- wow. The long distance thing will be rough, but hopefully it will go by fast. I hope that everything turns out in the end, and in the mean time you are welcome to stop by and visit on your way to your parents :) See you soon!!

Emily said...

Horray...so I can see you! I have missed you guys. Call me when things settle down. I drive by your parents house every week to drop Bailey off at school. Maybe Jacks and I can bring bagels for breakfast sometime or lunch after school with both kids. Good Luck with the move...I will be thinking about you!

Lu said...

Jen-- this is crazy!! How sudden all of this is! I heard about Celeste taking care of your kids. My mom said she was LOVIN it! Good luck with all of this! Even though these are all good things I know this is a stressful time. Glad you will be in Utah close to friends and fam.

Mindy said...

Yay! I am so excited. I WILL see you while you are here... but I'll give you a chance to settle in. :)

Elsie Johnson said...

Just checking to see how things are going. We sure do miss you guys. Hope Dax had a good Halloween. The house sure looks lonely next door. Write me with your address and I will be sending you a Christmas card soon.
Elsie

Jamie said...

OK. I miss your updates. Come back!