Monday, September 8, 2008

Quick Trip to Utah...






Before I tell about our weekend in Utah, I want to first offer a sincere thank you to everyone who commented with sympathies and suggestions on my last post. Seriously, thank you! It was a bit traumatic for a little while there, but fortunately, I think things are more or less back to normal. Ben ended up giving Daxton a blessing, which helped I think, and then I took him to the grocery store and we bought one of those glow worm toys where his head lights up and he plays a little lullabye. Pretty cheesy toy, but we told Dax that it would keep him safe, and so far, he believes us. So, thanks again for the ideas, and maybe next time we'll try the monster spray, because I think that one sounds awesome!
This past weekend, Ben headed off to Boston for an interview with a small regional airline called Cape Air. The kids and I weren't too keen on staying here by ourselves, so we decided to fly to Utah just for the weekend. Thus far, I haven't attempted to fly alone with the two kids, but I figured it was time to try with the threat of losing our benefits hanging over our heads (Delta Connection is in the process of being sold off sometime in the next few months). So, we left on Thursday evening and got back late last night. We had a great time in Utah visiting everyone! It has long been a Clark tradition to go up to Oktoberfest at Snowbird every year for the brats and saurkraut, and I was SO looking forward to it. We went up the canyon on Friday, and much to my dismay, it was not open until SATURDAY! So sad :( It was fun to be up in the mountains though, and the kids loved it all the same. My parents had a time share condo in Park City that we stayed at, and we swam in the pool and ate at cool places in Park City. We got in a visit to Nana and Grandpa Kent, and Nana gave Jacy the awesome shirt (thanks Nana!)! We did so much I feel like we were out there for three weeks! Anyway, thanks to everyone for the fun time!

3 comments:

Amy said...

That is so nice that you get to travel like that. And I am SO impressed that you travel by yourself with 2 kids!
Love Jacy's shirt!

tiffany and darren said...

Sounds like a fun trip and very quick!! Gotta love the benefits. My parents were so glad they got to see you and the kids. I sure miss them and hate that they are getting so big. Great pictures too and I LOVE the shirt. You may have to pass it down after you are done having kids. I figure by the time you are finished, I might be ready to start. Who knows??

Mindy said...

Ok, I know it is super busy when you come in town... but one of these times I have to see you. Maybe lunch? I'd settle for ice cream though. :)